Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Nerds of the world unite


I've never shied away from my nerdom and I hate to admit it but this is me reading the last Harry Potter novel in Berlin. Yep, cultural centre of Europe and I'm reading about Hogwarts... brilliant.

Anyhow, if you want to know how it ends it turns out its all a dream. Yep, Harry is in a mental institution after his ice addiction sent him into psychosis. Hermione is his nurse, Ron an orderly, Dumbledore is his shrink and Voldemort is the mean janitor or something. Anyhow, Harry wakes up after this dream and falls in love with Hermione but jilts her when his true feelings for Ron awaken. The new couple head to San Francisco with Frodo and Sam to drop the ring of power into the fires of Mount Doom while Hermione spirals into alcoholism. Every word I have just written is true...*

*Claim not based on fact.

No comments: